Jehovah’s Witnesses must believe and obey all of the organizations teachings, rules, and doctrines. She is called “mother” and her dictates are without end!
Witnesses slowly surrender their identity and their free will. They become more and more isolated inside the Watchtower prison yard. The researcher, the adult mind, the inquiring mind that once upon a time lived inside of them, sadly dies.
The Watchtower gradually takes control of her members’ associations, choice of friends, family time and so much more:
- determining what Bible they read,
- what kind of job they choose,
- their educational choices,
- grooming choices and
- recreational choices.
Jehovah’s Witnesses become Watchtower slaves, Watchtower clones.
They must absolutely agree with all Watchtower doctrine and teaching. They are not allowed to question anything the “faithful and wise servant” class says is “truth.” The organization calls that “independent thinking.” To doubt or question “mother” is prideful, sinful, and satanic! Any who choose that road will experience the wrath of a judicial committee.
Through the years the organization dictated health regulations to their members. The result was that thousands died because of some ludicrous health rules:
- no vaccinations,
- no organ transplants and
- no blood transfusions.
It’s important to know that these regulations had to be obeyed or the witness would be disfellowshipped and lose his eternal life.
The extreme Watchtower control is also shown as Jehovah’s Witnesses are required to turn in monthly reports on their door to door field service:
- how many hours,
- how many literature placements,
- how many Bible studies,
- how many return visits, etc.
A Jehovah’s Witnesses’s life is consumed with Watchtower works, as they desperately hope that they are “doing enough” to please God and be saved:
- Diligent daily study of all Watchtower publications
- Regular door to door ministry
- Life participation in the Theocratic Ministry School
- Mandatory attendance at all Kingdom Hall meetings
- Participation in or teaching of Bible studies both at home and with potential converts
- Loyal attendance at circuit, district and national assemblies
In direct contrast Jesus came to set captives free (Is. 61:1). He said when the Son sets you free, you are free indeed (Jn. 8:36).
May Jehovah’s Witnesses hear and respond to Jesus’ invitation: “Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matt. 11:28-30).
Also, may we born again believers “seek and save the lost,” inviting all to come to Jesus for eternal life.
- Make Sure Ministries: 5059 China Sea Drive, Tavares, FL 32778; Todd & Betty: 352.508.6973
- South Florida Support Group, Dawne: 360.821.1759
- Email:[email protected] (or see contact form in upper portion of the right sidebar)
- Ex-Mormon Christians United for Jesus, Michael & Lynn: 239.565.3224